Chocolate cake filled with layers of fudge and whipped peanut butter- yum!
- One chocolate cake mix (with water, eggs and oil to make according to box)
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip topping
- One tub of ready-made chocolate frosting (I used dark chocolate..mmmm…)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2- 8 or 9 inch round pans with cooking spray.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom of both pans and spray this with cooking spray.
- Make cake mix according to package and pour evenly into two pans.
- Bake according to package.
- Tip cakes over onto a cake rack to cool completely.
- Make filling by beating together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Gently fold in the container of whipped topping.
- Make fudge sauce by spooning pre-made frosting into a microwave-safe bowl and heating in microwave for about 30 seconds (until smooth and creamy when stirred).
- Prepare cakes by leveling the tops using a large serrated knife, then cut each cake into 2 layers using the same serrated knife or a Wire Cake Slicer .
- Place one layer onto serving plate, top with 1/4 of peanut butter filling
- Place second layer of cake on top of 1st, spread a layer (about 1/3 of the total amount) of frosting fudge over cake, top with another 1/4 of peanut butter filling.
- Place 3rd layer of cake on top of 2nd, spread 1/4 of peanut butter filing over layer.
- Top with final layer, rest of peanut butter filling and then pour remaining frosting fudge over the top, pushing it over the edges. Sprinkle with mini peanut butter cups and chill before serving.