For those that watch the Food Network show “Chopped”, of which I am a huge fan, know that sometimes the best meals are the ones pulled together with random ingredients from the kitchen. That is how I created my own Turkey and Spinach Burgers.
What I used:
- 1 package of ground turkey meat ( I only used half the meat in the package since I was cooking for myself and my sister)
- 1/2 cup of creamed spinach, slightly drained so the burgers arent soggy ( I used leftovers from a package of frozen creamed spinach)
- salt, pepper, red pepper, italian seasoning to taste
What I did:
- I hand mixed the ingredients above together in a bowl and managed to make 3 burgers about as big around as the top of a white wine glass.
- I cooked them on a stove top for about 10-12 minutes.
- I topped them with Gouda cheese so it could get all melty before taking it off the stove.
- Due to a lack of buns, I toasted a pumpernickel bagel instead and topped off my Turkey and Spinach burger with a slice of tomato and dijon mustard.
This combination of leftovers and a lazy Sunday afternoon created a meal that I am sure to repeat. I plan on enjoying my new creation with fruit or a salad next time. Hope you enjoy this recipe!